Sunday, December 25, 2016

It's X-mas time!

Merry X-mas! Here are some pics of things that got me on christmas mood this year and some more of how I actually spent the christmas day.

In mid-December I attended the American Geophysical Union's fall meeting in San Francisco. I chose a well-rated hotel called Inn San Francisco although it was a bit further away from the convention center as the listed conference hotels, and I'm glad I did; the place was amazing! The decorations were overwhelming, christmas songs were playing in the background, and the lobby even smelled like christmas! The breakfast was delicious and the hospitality was among the best that I've ever experienced. The rooms had candy, real flowers, and fruit and hot beverages were available at any time in the parlor.





Around home the yard christmas decorations of my neighbors were simply jaw-droppers for a person used to the modest Finnish christmas lights. The electricity in PR is not cheap but with the decorative lights, the locals just don't care a bit.










And here's how I ended up spending the christmas day with my family who escaped the cold and darkness of Finland to PR. Because most places were closed, we decided to go beach hopping. We drove to the North-West corner of the island and drove around Isabela and Aguadilla.

Playa Guajataca

Playa Jobos

Montones Beach

Pozo de Jacinto

Crash Boat Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment